Tuesday 10 May 2011

How blogging can promote your music

Probloggers-first-week-of-blogging
Blogging should be a part of every aspiring artist's online activity.

With your own site as your online hub, you should be posting information about you, your music and how it is part of your everyday life - all of which will enagage your fans.

You might also decide to start a blog on your niche, or your local music scene or some other topic that will help support your efforts as a musician. Being the person who writes the best blog on music / entertainment / going out in your town will quickly make you a key player in your local scene, which in turn will advance your music career. As will building a blog on our genre of music to attract global fans.

I'm not saying that you have to build blogs as well as your own site, but it is a good strategy.

And, even if it's just your site for your music, unless you're a techy, you'll need some solid advice.

I did when I started Make It In Music.

And I turned to Darren Rowse - the owner of ProBlogger - one of the authority sites on how to be a blogger.

Before I launched our site I read his book cover to cover and it helped me a great deal!

Today, he is launching a new book, at a 50% discount for this week.

It's called ProBlogger's Guide to Your First Week of Blogging and if you haven't built a site or if you have, but you're not blogging, it will help you a massive amount and give you the kick start you need to make a difference.

The book I read was his 31 Days to Build A Better Blog, which I wholeheartedly recommend, but as it's on offer and is for beginners, start with his new one first.

Get it here.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment