Monday 13 December 2010

You need a band website

I bang on about the need for you to have a band website.....a lot!

To be fair most of the people who write about music marketing and diy musicians, say the same thing.

The image above gives you an idea of what you should be doing - it's not exactly right for musicians but, then, I just found it after a quick web fumble - but it illustrates the idea - have profiles on all relevant social media but point everyone back to your band website where you control everything.

This article on the ever brilliant Mic Control looks at the reasons why.

One question that pops up from time to time is, "Do you think artists should have their own website and domain name?" And every time I’m asked, I give the same answer: Hell yeah! I think the benefits of owning your own band website are abundant, and I will go into some specific benefits in this blog post. But I'd to start off with what I consider the main reason why, as a musician, you should really have your own website.

Read their piece here.

No comments:

Post a Comment