Wednesday 6 October 2010

Guerilla gigging is alive and well....and sometimes a bit corporate!

I saw two cases of guerilla gigging this week that caught my eye and so I thought I should just remind everyone that it's still a great idea to attract attention.

That's exactly what this band, Brother, did in the UK. Note the quality of the video (not essential, but engaging) and the persistence! This band are very hot right now and about to sign a deal. How much of a part did this play? At least some. As ever though - they're a great band too.

Watch the video on their site here.

Then, I saw that Urban Outfitters were sponsoring a series of guerilla gigs in the US.

Read about that here.

It seems that the new game in town is getting the generator and the flip mino camera out and get double impact for that guerilla gig.

Check out our main site for more music marketing tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment